Is video content most engaging on social media?
You cannot put social media at bay if you aim to flourish your business. The ocean of the right audience is out there on the social media platforms. Along with engaging visuals and graphics, video marketing has also become a primal element of social media marketing. It’s the perfect way to establish a direct, quick and strong connection with the users.
Today we are going to talk about the video trend on social media and how to incorporate it in your social media content marketing strategies.
The importance of video content on social media
Since the beginning of this trend, it has grown and loved by the audience overwhelmingly. Today in 2020, it’s not an option anymore, businesses must seriously consider video marketing if they are not doing so already. It keeps your business on edge. It’s the way to be competitive and relevant.
Videos are applauded so grandly because of how easily users can process the information you are sharing. Check the following statistics to learn about the impact of this trend:
- Marketers who use video saw growth in revenue 49% faster than non-video users. – wordsteam.com
- 54% of customers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support –Hubspot
- 52% of marketers believe that video is helpful for brand awareness – Wow Makers
- It is estimated that an average person will spend 100 minutes a day watching online videos in 2021 – Marketing Charts
Looking at this exhilarating response, it’s pretty much clear that the video content is on top of the consumers’ preference list, which is why the businesses must adopt this trend.
Videos on social media channels – which one is good for you?
When you’ve reached the point to get into video marketing, the first and the foremost question pops up – which network(s) your business should utilize to get started with video creation and promotion? To crack this hurdle, we have gathered some useful information for you on the most popular social networks for videos:
Facebook is a whole world in itself. With 2.4 billion active users, it’s the largest social media platform. Facebook recently became the world’s most popular video network with billions of playbacks every day.
FB is the pivotal medium to target audience and gain customers. Facebook lets you create engaging video content with some useful recommendations as follows:
- Unique content that catches attention in 2-3 seconds
- Simple and easy to understand videos with the right message
- Creative videos with 20-30 seconds duration.
- Convincing landing page after CTA
YouTube is the king of video content creation and sharing. Since its launch in 2005, YouTube has only grown with features and its audience. It’s mainly popular in the y generation or young adults in the age group of 18 to 34.
YouTube features video contents on almost everything. Targeting this channel would surely gain you a colossal audience. Three minutes long videos on YouTube have been the most successful ones.
Instagram is another immensely popular social networking channel among young adults. The photography marvel app sees hundreds of millions of active users daily, and it’s one of the key players in video content marketing. Instagram stories are popular beyond measure and can prove to be very beneficial for your brand with 15 to 20 seconds long videos.
Twitter’s First View is an incredible way for your business to gain instant visibility to your promotional video content. When a user logs in to twitter or visits it for the first time, the top ad slot in their timeline will showcase your brand video. The spot is active for 24 hours.
Twitter’s First View will contribute to attracting engagement from the audience with a powerful & precise 20-30 second video content.
Social media videos best practices:
Video marketing is inevitable as it opens doors to higher engagement and ROI. To utilize this trend strategically, go through social media videos best practices 2020 for maximum impact:
- Try and cover only one idea in one video. Let the audience comprehend what you are trying to tell. Let the information flow in sync reassuring cohesion. Be straight forward and quickly cut to the chase.
- Pay attention to the video lengths. The preferred lengths of the videos for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube are mentioned in the previous section. Adhering to these suggestions will likely work for your brand.
- Add a Call To Action CTA at the end of the video. If the audience wants to know more, let them. A CTA will direct the viewers about what to do next.
- Adding subtitles is crucial. Many viewers online indulge in watching videos on desktop or mobile without audio. Hence, it’s in your best interest to add subtitle to your videos so that the audience can understand it with sound off.
We are sure you must now be convinced with the power of video content creation and marketing. It’s been delivering results since it was first introduced. Over the years it has grown to gain and win more grounds on social media. In the coming years, it’s only going to expand.
If you haven’t thought about incorporating videos into your marketing strategy, then do it now. Videos on social media help in growing engagement, likes, CTR, shares, comments and much more! Please get in touch with us to know more about video and digital marketing strategies.